Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Real Stuff

DAY 142

22 MAY 09

The gardenia shrub outside my garage is in full bloom. It's wonderful -- I leave my home to get into my truck, and I'm hit with the scent of gardenias. It's another one of those things that makes me happy to be alive.

The wild thing is as much as I love the scent of gardenia blooms, I can't stand those fake gardenia sprays. Or of any other bottled gardenia scents. Give me a real flower and I'll smell and smell and snort and sigh and grin. Spray the fake stuff and I'm scrunching my face and running.

I love the scent of real gardenia blooms.

Post-processing: noise reduction, sharpening, black & white conversion using the Audition filter in Virtual Photographer, border addition.

2 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous B&W photo--sadly, the only way I can appreciate gardenias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather -- Thanks! I think I might print this one out to join the others on my bedroom wall.

    ReplyDelete