Thursday, June 4, 2009

Mirror, Mirror

DAY 143

23 MAY 09

Project 365 has been a real learning experience for me. Sometimes the photos come easy, sometimes they're like pulling the teeth of an angry Tasmanian Devil. Day 143 was a Tasmanian Devil day. I couldn't find a single thing to shoot.

I finally settled on one of my fallback subjects, my truck. It was parked in my driveway, and despite the layer of dirt covering it, everything around it was still strongly reflected in the surfaces. When processing the photo, I did what I could to highlight those reflections. Look closely, you'll see part of my house, my driveway, and the woods next door.

Post-processing: noise reduction, sharpening, black & white conversion using the infrared filter in Photoshop, border addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment