Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Stitch Me Up

DAY 134

14 MAY 09

When my daughter was an infant, I taught myself to crochet. A couple of the women I knew were doing it, and I thought if they could do it, I could, too. So I bought myself a book and got to work.

It had to be a special book; one that included instructions for leftys. I spent a lot of time with that book and a crochet hook and a skein of yarn, but I eventually got it figured out. Since then, I've run hot and cold with it; sometimes I'm constantly crocheting while other times it's completely put away, but I always know it's there. Waiting for me.

Pictured here is part of my current project. Right now, it's a bunch of granny squares, but when I have enough, I'll sew them together to make an afghan for my bed.

Post-processing: noise reduction, sharpening, curves adjustment, border addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment