Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Phzzzzzzzz!

DAY 116

26 APR 09

On Day 116, my son discovered some old fireworks buried in my husband's truck. He stayed on my husband until he finally relented -- they'd light 'em up that night after the sun went down. I didn't know anything about it until time to strike the match, as it were.

My son came running through the house, screaming at the top of his lungs. "C'mon, Momma! We're settin' off fireworks!"

I had no idea what he was talking about, so I gave my husband the should-be-patented What the hell? look. That's when I got the story.

We all followed my son as he bounced like Tigger out the door to the driveway. I couldn't get much more of the story, or even find out what kind of fireworks were being lit -- my son was talking so much, I'm amazed he didn't lose his voice.

It turned out to be a spinner; once lit it spun and bounced and shot out sparks of light while making that distinctive whizzing sound. When it was done, a thought occurred to me.

"I should have brought my camera out," I said.

"Go get it, Momma!" my son yelled. "We've got two more!"

So I got my camera. We lit the other two. And this is one of the photos I got. It's not the clearest of the photos, but I love the movement in the light.

Post-processing: noise reduction, sharpening, curves adjustment, border addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment