Sunday, April 5, 2009

Quack Quack

DAY 81

22 MAR 09

There's this stain on the parking lot at my local grocery store. I'm not sure what made the stain, but it's still there, and it seems to be permanent. And it looks like a duck. A very long, skinny duck, but a duck nonetheless.

This is a picture I'd wanted to take for about a week, but I never seemed to have my camera with me. Or if I did, it was raining. Or there was traffic. There was always something to prevent getting the shot. Until Day 81.

My daughter and I were going into the store, and she noticed the stain. "That looks like a duck," she said. I knew that was my sign. I had to get the shot, and it had to be right then. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me. But I did have my cell phone, and it had a camera (still does). So I whipped it out and took the picture.

It's not the best quality, but I got the shot. It's a stain that looks like a duck.

The only post processing on this shot was the addition of the border and a little light sharpening.

3 comments:

  1. Well spotted - looks like a duck-do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good eye. Imagine if you were on the other side looking at it the other way when you saw it. Then it might only have been a stain and never photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alan -- Thanks. Sometimes looking down does have its advantages. :)

    Tim D. -- To be honest, I think the first time I spotted it, it was from the other direction. Of course, it didn't look as ducky to me, but there was an obvious shape. Still, thank goodness for camera phones!

    ReplyDelete