Sunday, April 5, 2009

No Acrophobia Here

DAY 82

23 MAR 09

I'd just finished my daily food shopping trip and was climbing into my truck when this guy caught my eye. He was out there at the top of a crane, changing light bulbs in the grocery store parking lot. I watched him a while, marveling at how high he was, and how I wouldn't be able to do the same thing without my heart taking up residence in my throat the entire time. When he moved to the other side of the gas station (that red line along the bottom of the photo is the top of the gas station's roof), I thought it became a pretty cool shot: the worker changing the light bulb in the frame with the steeple of the church across the street.

I grabbed a few shots, but this one became my favorite. Why? Because his head is all the way up in the security light. Maybe I'm twisted, but I found that amusing.

In post-processing, I applied some mild sharpening and noise reduction. I cloned out a couple of power lines (what a pain the butt that was!) and slightly boosted the blues in the sky. I also added the border.

No comments:

Post a Comment