Thursday, April 9, 2009

Got the Drop

DAY 86

27 MAR 09

This photo does bear some similarity to my shot for Day 74 titled It's Raining Again -- they were both taken on rainy days, both pictures were taken of water on glass, and both were taken through the glass with me on the dry side. The subjects are similar, but there is a difference in execution.

My Day 74 shot was taken through the passenger-side window of my truck. This photo? Through my sun/moonroof. Plus, this was a one-in-a-million type shot for me; I actually caught the raindrop hitting the glass! Had I not caught that, you'd be looking at a very different photo for Day 86.

Post-processing: noise reduction, sharpening, curves adjustment, cropping (I caught part of the edge of the sun/moonroof so I cropped it out), and border addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment