Thursday, April 2, 2009

Fuel the Fire

DAY 75

16 MAR 09

Every Monday, I try to do my FlyLady house blessing. Part of blessing my home includes vacuuming my family room. In the wintertime, the most difficult area to vacuum is that in front of the fireplace/woodstove. Those wood chips are hell!

On this particular Monday, I was engaged in my regular Battle of the Wood Chips, when I started paying attention to the woodpile. It looked kind of cool just sitting there all asymmetric and stuff. Of course, I took a picture. And another. And another.

They all sucked. Just my luck.

Besides sucking, the pictures also drew my attention to the top log on the pile. It had some interesting colors and textures, so I tried a more specific shot. This was the second one I tried. It's still not perfect, but it's much better than the woodpile shot. :)

Post-processing: noise reduction, sharpening, curves adjustment, border addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment