Friday, March 13, 2009

Sittin' Still

DAY 71

12 MAR 09

My son wears Converse. So does my daughter. After my daughter got hers, my son insisted he had to him some. We ended up running all over town, searching for a pair in his size. We did finally find some, and despite the difficulty he often has putting them on, he loves those shoes. In fact, he slept with them the first week he had them. Put them on the pillow right next to his head.

I'm digging the whole retro vibe of this photo. The color version has wonderfully warm late evening lighting, but I thought the subject matter was screaming for black and white. I love the way this one turned out.

Post-processing: noise reduction, sharpening, curves adjustment, crop, black & white conversion using the 50s filter in Virtual Photographer.

2 comments:

  1. I like the contrast on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alan. I'm seriously thinking about printing this one out to add to my bedroom walls.

    ReplyDelete