Friday, March 13, 2009

Deflated

DAY 70

11 MAR 09

Sometime over the past week, there had been some sort of celebration or event at the strip mall that houses my children's martial arts school. These balloons, now nearly airless and flat, were still tied to the pole right outside the door. I'm sure when they were first tied up, they were cheerful and welcoming, but by the time I saw them, they were just plain sad.

I got a few odd looks when I was taking this picture. Since the balloons were on the ground, I wanted to be, too. I seem to be very into low angles lately, and I thought that was exactly what this capture needed.

Post-processing: noise reduction, sharpening, cropping, slight shadow/highlights bump to lift the shadows on the balloons, border addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment