Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Race is On

DAY 59

28 FEB 09

Day 59 was Pinewood Derby day for my son's Cub Scout pack. It was chaotic, noisy, and lots of fun for the boys and their families alike. Today's picture is my son's entry during weigh-in.

My son and my husband built the car together, although my husband did the majority of the work. Next year, my son will be old enough to contribute even more. We're all looking forward to that.

The car did well; it didn't get knocked out until two eliminations before the finals. Of course, my son was disappointed, but he did better this year than he has in the past couple. Plus, after the races were over, the boys were allowed to challenge whichever cars they wanted. In those challenges, my son's car beat the third place car. Beat it by quite a bit. That made him feel much better.

Post-processing included cropping, noise reduction, sharpening, curves adjustment, and border addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment