Thursday, February 12, 2009

Storm's A-Comin'

DAY 42

11 FEB 09

My Day 42 shot is no world class shot. It's not going to win any awards or gain any attention. It's absolutely not my best work. But it's a picture I can look at and remember exactly what was going on February 11, 2009 (which also happens to be my birthday).

My area was under a wind advisory, and later in the afternoon, the National Weather Service even added a severe thunderstorm watch to the mix. In other words, we had storms moving in, the same storms that had dropped a pretty nasty early season tornado in Oklahoma. We had sustained winds of about 35 mph.

As we sat in line waiting to pick my daughter up from school, my soon looked around and commented that he was very worried the wind might break the windows of the truck. Even as I assured him it wouldn't, it was blowing so hard the entire truck was shimmying and shaking.

After soccer practice, my daughter and I went to let her Tae Kwon Do master she wouldn't be attending class. As I waited for her, I narrowly avoided the wrath of a runaway shopping cart. My daughter could barely get in and out of the truck because of the wind pressure on the doors.

But you know what? That was the worst we got. Very little rain. No thunder. No lightning. No severe thunderstorms. Just a lot of wind.

I'm not complaining.

In this picture, you see the flag above my daughter's school being whipped about by the wind. What you can't see in this picture is that all those clouds in they sky were booking. They were moving very quickly.

This picture reminds me of the weather on this day.

Post processing included noise reduction, sharpening, curves adjustement and border addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment