Thursday, January 15, 2009

"S" is for Store

DAY 14

14 JAN 09

My grocery store (I don't own it, I just shop there) is about 1/2 mile from my house. It was an older grocery store, and the signage was brightly-colored. About two years ago, they moved out of the old store and built a brand new building. A very beige (but clean and nicely lit with wide aisles), much larger, brand new building.

Now empty, the old shell still stands. This is one of the letters from the sign. I took this picture because I was struck by the colors, even though the letter is faded.

Post processing includes noise reduction, sharpening, curves adjustment and a slight saturation boost.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool picture. I love the color contrast between the red and yellow. Sometimes those faded signs are real gems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tess. I agree with the gem thing -- I once started a project that included photographing old signs. Unfortunately, I wasn't getting out and about enough to continue.

    ReplyDelete