Saturday, January 17, 2009

Deep Blue Night

DAY 17

17 JAN 09

Today was a lazy day. I didn't go anywhere, didn't do anything. I sat on the couch and watched movies. So when my husband suggested a quick trip to Wal-Mart, I knew it would be my only chance to get a shot for today's Project 365.

Some days (like yesterday) I take hundreds of shots. Other days, I know the moment I get THE shot and only take one or two. Today, it was a small handful. Not because I knew I got the shot, but because it's all I had time for. Today involved a lot of praying.

This is my local Wal-Mart parking lot. The lights caught my attention, so I thought I'd give a photograph a try. My husband laughed at me. My son asked if I was shooting UFOs. My daughter looked into the LCD on the camera and said, "Huh. Cool shot."

Me? I said I sure hope this means my Project 365 shot is done.

Post-processing included noise reduction, straightening and sharpening, a little bit of color boost (it really didn't need much -- it was the deep sky color that make it such a cool shot for me), and the addition of the border.

2 comments:

  1. We all have those days. But this is a great photo. The effects of the lights are awesome. Definitely think you got the right shot here. Even if it's not a UFO. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tess -- But a UFO would have sure been cool, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete