Sunday, January 29, 2012

2012 016/366: Knowledge is Power

Day 016

27 JAN 2012

Day 16 brought a conference with my son's teachers that, although I heard nothing surprising, still left me in tears. My son has Nonverbal Learning Disorder. Because it's not well known, most people have no clue how to deal kids like my son. And despite the warnings and information I give his teachers at the beginning of every school year, I always get called in and asked for suggestions of how to deal with him.

It's beyond frustrating.

This is one of the books I've had since we first got his diagnosis. I haven't read it in a while. After that conference, I decided to pull it out and read it again. When I'm not studying, of course. Maybe I'll find something that will ease his struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment