Sunday, October 11, 2009

STOP

Day 171

20 JUNE 09

Project 365 has me looking at the sky a lot more for some reason. I rarely used to take sky pictures (with the exception of some of the beautiful sunsets I saw out West); now I seem to be fascinated by the sky and clouds.

Is it an expansion of my horizons or a fallback? To be honest, I don't know. But, to continue with the honesty, I don't really care. Regardless of which it is, the result is I have a new subject I enjoy photographing. Isn't that what Project 365 is all about?

I should point out that the one thing that made me choose this photo over others was the inclusion of the stop sign. It was an accidental thing stemming from my position, but it works for me. The only thing I regret is that the bottom of the sign is cut off. If the whole sign were there, it'd be perfect.

Post-processing: noise reduction, sharpening, cloning to remove some purple & green fringe on the power lines, and I brightened the stop sign to make it stand out a little more. Oh, and of course, the addition of the border.

No comments:

Post a Comment