Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy

Day 170

19 JUNE 09

When my daughter was a toddler, she used to love the Wal-Mart commercials. They had that yellow smiley face that would fly all over the store and "rollback" the prices by knocking the numbers down. Remember that? My daughter would see the commercial, smile, point, and say, "Happy." A decade later, we still tease her about it by saying happy the same way she used to.

On Day 170, we were heading out to Watson Mill Bridge State Park for an afternoon of trail walking and water playing. Suddenly, I hear that old familiar "Happy" from the foyer.

When I got there, my teenaged daughter was standing there with a giant smile on her face, pointing to the floor. Sure enough, the way the sunlight was coming in through the windows made a giant happy face on my foyer floor. Isn't it cool?

Post-processing: noise reduction, sharpening, border addition.

2 comments: