Friday, September 25, 2009

A Dying Breed

Day 166

15 JUNE 09

Do you remember when these suckers were everywhere? Every street corner had one, shopping malls, restaurants... When I would go out as a teenager, I always made sure that even if I was broke, I always had payphone money. Just in case. Now you really have to search to find a pay telephone.

These babies are in the downtown district of my little town, which also happens to be the county seat. They're right in front of the old courthouse. And believe it or not, I still see people using them from time to time!

I considered "vintaging" this photo up, maybe sepia toning it, but decided to leave it in full blazing color. Why not? I wanted to show that Yes, Virginia, payphones do still exist.

Post-processing: noise reduction, sharpening, curves adjustment, slight crop, border addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment