Thursday, June 11, 2009

Motion Blur

DAY 145

25 MAY 09

What is Project 365 if not an open invitation to experiment?

On a rainy trip home from the mountains, I decided to see what I could do with longer exposures. In a moving vehicle. At night. Great fun had by all!

Okay...maybe not all. But I sure had a bang-up time. After setting the shutter priority at one second, I braced my arms on my knees and held as still as I possibly could. Then I prayed for as few bumps and bounces as possible and hit the shutter release.

I ended up with a lot of missteps, but I thought this shot was a pretty interesting one. Not for nothing, but I think I'll call this experiment a success. :)

Post-processing: ACR tweaks, noise reduction, sharpening, curves adjustments, border addition.

4 comments:

  1. LOL. I am glad to see that I am not the only one who snaps windshield photos! I love the rain effects as you drive down the street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice works well - the rain adds so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim -- Thanks!

    Alan -- I thought so, too. Kind of like how city streets on TV are always wet, right?

    Lola - YAY! I'm not alone! I did discover this worked better in areas with lots of trees. Made for more interesting trails. :)

    ReplyDelete