Thursday, May 7, 2009

See Rock City

Day 122

02 MAY 09

SEE ROCK CITY

I've seen that phrase everywhere, and it always reminds me of yesteryear and makes me smile. I know birdhouses like this are sold at Lookout Mountain, GA, and I keep thinking I'll pick one up next time I'm there. I haven't managed to get around to it yet.

My husband was buying yet more supplies for his garage, and the person we were purchasing from on this day had this in birdhouse in his yard. While I wasn't as excited to see this one as I was when I saw an identical one in Cooke City, Montana, I still thought it was cool. It still reminded me I need to pick one up for myself.

It's just on this side of kitschy, and I love a little kitsch.

Put it against a background of beautiful new green leaves, and it becomes a great photo.

Post-processing: noise reduction, sharpening, border addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment