Saturday, April 4, 2009

Everything Old is New Again

DAY 78

19 MAR 09

I hadn't been feeling at the top of my game, so I opted to take it easy. I was laying in bed, watching a little television, and playing with my point-n-shoot. I took pictures of random things: ceiling fan, headboard, photos on the wall -- then started playing with the camera settings.

Since I process everything in Photoshop, I normally just leave the camera's color settings on "neutral", but on this morning, I didn't. I started playing with the "Sepia" setting. And the "Black and White" setting. And the "Vivid" setting.

This is my tall dresser. The original photo was taken using the camera's "sepia" setting. It ended up making my Mission-style dresser look even older than it was. Taking it a step further, I hit the auto curves adjustment in Photoshop (just for kicks), and got this surprising result. I love the color I ended up with, and the textures. It's still sepia-ish, but it a bit washed out compared to the original. It's washed out sepia-ish.

It's not the most exciting of photos, I mean, it is my dresser after all. But it was fun to play with.

Post-processing: noise reduction, sharpening, straightening & cropping, surprising curves adjustment, border addition.

Post title comes from a line of one of the songs that's been playing in my truck ("When Rock Was King" by Jimi Jamison). It's stuck in my head. Now even worse, since I used the line as a post title.

No comments:

Post a Comment