Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Welcome Back, George!

DAY 51

20 FEB 09


Day 51 was the first day I did actual writing again. I'd put it aside for a while so I could concentrate on other pursuits, but it was time to work it back in to my daily activities. After I finished the read through of my unfinished NaNoWriMo 2008 project, Chester and Rube, my Alphasmart 3000 came out of his hidey hole and got some use again.

George, as my Alphasmart 3K is affectionately known, has become my favorite way to write. When I bought him, I'd been lusting after the Alphasmart Neo, but unable to fully justify spending the bucks. What if I bought it and ended up not using it much? That would be money wasted -- money that could have been better spent elsewhere. So I trolled eBay for the older version, the 3000.

Best $80 I ever spent.

If you're a writer who's been contemplating one of these babies, I recommend them wholeheartedly. George is much much lighter than my laptop, and therefore easier to haul around. He runs forever on a couple AA batteries (I've had him since August and haven't changed batteries yet). Plus, George has the added bonus of not having any of the distractions I get whenever I use my laptop (named Frankie). No email. No games. Just writing.

I love George.

Post processing was my usual: noise reduction, sharpening, a mild curves adjustment, and the border addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment