Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Being Green

DAY 53

22 FEB 09

My husband bought a bag of apples. Normally, I would stick them in the fridge. It's a personal preference; I like my apples cold. Unfortunately, in my fridge, apples fall victim to "out of sight, out of mind" and go bad. I wanted this bag to be different, so I tried something new. I put the apples in a bowl on the counter. And you know what? They're being eaten!

They also looked pretty good. Clear bowl, bright, colorful fruit -- I had to get a shot.

I did a little more post-processing than usual on this one. For starters, I applied noise reduction, sharpening, curves adjustment, saturation boost, and added the border. There was also a scratch on the top apple that looked kind of like a cut. I cloned it out.

5 comments:

  1. Good enough to eat! It's tough taking pictures in the kitchen because there's usually so much background visual clutter. Good job with this shot - no clutter; it's all about the apples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picture - fresh and clean, you can almost taste the apples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Alan -- Thanks. I admit I'm pretty pleased with the way this one turned out.

    @Dianne Hammond -- Have you been peeking at my kitchen? Clutter central! Seeing pictures of it was what made me return to Flylady. I had to shoot straight down at the bowl to get this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to get a photo of fruit since we starting this project. I haven't given up yet. I will get that photo. This one is awesome! I love the way the green just stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tess -- I know what you're going through. I just happened to get lucky. This shot was one of those spur of the moment things that worked out really really well. I was taking pictures of the day on the Sunday newspaper, which was sitting next to the fruit bowl, when I looked over at the fruit and thought, "Hmmmm..."

    ReplyDelete