Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Taking Down the Tree

DAY 1

01 JAN 09

First, I need to admit that the first four days of my Project 365 will be a little bit fudged. You see, I didn't learn about this project until January 5th -- five days into the new year. I could have just started with a Day Five picture and moved on from there, but the more obsessive part of me felt cheated. I wanted to look back at the end of the year and see a full 365 pictures, not 360.

So I'm fudging.

The first four pictures were actually taken on day five. It's not a total fudge, as each of those first four pictures still represent those first four days of my 2009. It's a partial fudge.

And now I'm craving fudge.

At any rate, here's my Day 1 picture. I have a tradition. Every New Year's Eve I pour a glass of Kahlua and skim milk and take the ornaments off the Christmas tree. And every New Year's Day, the rest of the Christmas tree, and all the other decorations, come down and it's all put away.

My Day 1 shot is one of those decorations before they're shoved into storage for the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment