Thursday, February 3, 2011

2009: 339/365 Main Street Celebration


05 DEC 2009

My daughter marches in her high school marching band, and one of the events they march in every year is the local Christmas parade. It was hard for me to take pictures that day; the weather was overcast and freezing. The overcast made it tough to get clear, focused photos, and the freezing temps kept killing my camera batteries. The people around me became quite amused watching me trying to warm my camera. And there were a lot of people around me. In our small town, the Christmas parade is a huge event that packs the streets of our downtown district every year.

This photo was about fourth or fifth in the series of photos I took as the band marched past me.

I converted the picture to black & white in Photoshop, then added Virtual Photographer's Bygone Era filter and a grunge texture to age the photo. I love the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment