Wednesday, January 20, 2010

2010: Where Your Treasure Is

2010 Day 12

12 JAN 2010

A couple years ago, I saw something in a catalog that I've always regretted not purchasing. It was a wall decoration. Vinyl lettering. A quote from The Wizard of Oz. I'd put off buying it, thinking I could go back and pick it up later. But when I went back, it was out of stock. I'd missed out.

My mother and I recently went shopping in my local Hobby Lobby. I was looking for a red flower vase and my mother was looking for a good deal. Anyway, as I wandered the store, I came across an endcap filled with -- yup, you guessed it -- vinyl lettering quotes for wall decoration. And they were on sale!

SCORE!

Of course, they didn't have my Wizard of Oz quote; that would have just been over-the-top coincidental. I went through the containers, reading all the quotes, hoping to find something that suited me. I wanted something about home or family that wasn't too mushy or cliched, and I was surprised to find what I wanted in a Bible quote: Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. It's not preachy, and it tells what kind of people my family and I are.

And it's the first thing you see when you walk in my front door.

I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment