Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Got Milk?

Day 191

10 JULY 09

While my daughter spent her summer days at British soccer camp, I had to entertain my son. He had nobody to torment with his sister away. ;-)

On Day 191, I took him to the Mayfield Dairy Farms Braselton Milk Plant and Visitor Center and we took their free tour. It was pretty cool -- it started with a short film about how they make and package their milk and ice cream. Then we were forced to wear those horrible hair nets that nobody looks good in. Once we were tucked into horrible hair nets, we got a tour of the plant and were shown first-hand their state-of-the-art production systems.

While that was interesting, the best part was the ice cream afterward.

Is it any wonder I'm constantly worrying about my waistline?

I got this photo after our tour, while we were outside eating our ice cream. To be honest, I don't know what this is a picture of; I'm sure there's somebody out there who can tell me. All I know for sure is it's at the Mayfield Milk Plant. Just to the left of this, just outside the frame, stood a giant cow. Not a real one, of course. And it was on wheels.

Post-processing: noise reduction, sharpening, color boost on the blues, border addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment