Thursday, October 22, 2009

(Un)Safe Crossing

Day 178

27 JUNE 09

When I'm leaving my bank and sitting at the red light, this is the sight I see. The cross/don't cross hand -- the name of which escapes me right now -- backed by that pretty flowering tree. I can't remember the name of the tree either, but it's one I'm familiar with.

Yes, I'm having memory issues right now. It's been a tough couple of weeks.

Anyway, these trees are gorgeous when they're in full bloom, and I thought this one would make a very nice picture. Unfortunately, the concept was much better than the execution, but I think I was able to save the photo.

The original had some of the road in front and on the side, a fire hydrant (which I actually would like to have kept), part of a building and a blown-out sky. This does not for a wonderful picture make. But the closer crop helped.

I think.

Post-processing: noise reduction, sharpening, curves adjustment, black & white conversion in Virtual Photographer with the Flashback filter, border addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment