Saturday, October 31, 2009

On the Ball

Day 187

06 JULY 09

So, yeah, my "No soccer photos" rule is pretty much out the window by now. At least I'm not dependent upon soccer; I have managed to branch out and shoot other things. Things I would never have considered shooting before.

Day 187 saw the first day of British soccer camp for my daughter. Some days, that meant she ran around a soccer field chasing a little white ball while being yelled at by a man with a British accent. Overall, she enjoyed it. And she learned a lot.

As for me, I still get a thrill when I see my kid on the field, which is why I take so many pictures.

This photo needed major help. Unfortunately, I didn't have many pictures for Day 186, and this was the best of the bunch. But the quality wasn't good and the focus was off. I must have been off that day, too. The Old Newspaper filter in Virtual Photographer seemed to supply the help it needed.

Post-processing: noise reduction, sharpening, curves adjustment, black & white/sepia conversion using the Old Newspaper filter in Virtual Photographer, border addition.

2 comments:

  1. Cool shots. I've wanted to try the Virtual Photographer, but right now they don't have a Mac version. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It's a shame they don't have it for Mac; it's a great program. I'm sure Mac has something comparable, though.

    ReplyDelete