Wednesday, March 4, 2009

There Goes the Sun

DAY 55

24 FEB 09

I was sitting in my truck, waiting for my daughter's soccer practice to end, and taking pictures of random things within sight of my camera. My daughter only practices in two different places, at two different schools. And I think I've shot everything within reach of the parking lot at both. So it comes as no surprise that I was quite uninspired as I sat there, almost taking pictures as an afterthought.

I do have some interesting photos of my foot, if that tells you anything.

When the sun started setting, inspiration finally hit. But this time it wasn't the colors in the sky that had me grabbing for my camera and praying the picture would capture it. It was the rays.

Maybe I'm sheltered. Maybe I'm horribly deprived. I've got scads of pictures where the sun's rays are busting through the clouds and shining down onto the earth, but I can't recall ever seeing the rays going up. So, yeah, this picture choice was a no-brainer.

Post-processing: noise reduction, sharpening, selective color adjustment, and border addition.

10 comments:

  1. This shot is just begging to be on an inspirational poster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo! And I'm with you. I don't remember seeing the rays going up instead of down. Nice capture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very dramatic! You certainly caught the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I found your blog from a ravelry thread...beautiful photos! May I ask what kind of camera you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. April -- Thanks! For most of the pictures on this blog, I've been using a Canon PowerShot SX110 S. There are a few pictures shot with my Canon dSLRs -- a 20D and a 40D, but for the most part, it's the point-n-shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susanvg_- Thanks! Sometimes drama is a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tess -- Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've seen drawings of the rays going up, but I've never seen it in real life. Until this day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diane -- What a great compliment! Thanks so much. I might have to try and do that...

    ReplyDelete